We are looking for someone to help us around the brewery. Please review the job description below and shoot us an email with your resume at email@example.com
Description of Position
The Beer Cellar Person at WBC is responsible for maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in the brewhouse, fermentation, packaging and cold room areas. This position is also responsible for managing trash and grain disposal, must maintain the taproom lines clean, and track inventory of CO2 and O2. The cellar person will keep track of the fermentation and cellaring of all products and help facilitate shipping and receiving.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned based on business needs)
- Clean, Sanitize and purge tanks according to set standards
- Ensures that work area is clean and organized
- Clean tank exteriors regularly
- Monitors and records results of fermentation and cellaring of beer
- Ensures that all beer is free from microbiological contamination
- Carbonates beer as required
- Clean and organize all pumps, keg station, bottling station, walk-in cooler and any other components as needed
- Able to maneuver and operate a forklift, pallet jack.
- Clean kegs and bottles for packaging
- Manage malt and trash disposal
- Fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery mechanics/maintenance.
- Operate kegging and bottling equipment and prepare beer for delivery.
- Assist with festivals, tours, and beer dinners and work the taproom on occasion.
- A passion for craft beer and beer culture
- Hands-on brewing experience and knowledge of the brewing process
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to perform routine equipment maintenance
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work in teams
- Computer skills
This position requires successful completion of the Certified Beer Server exam within the first four weeks of employment. Failure to pass this exam will result in termination.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Shares expertise with others.
- Oral & written Communication – Able to effectively communicate and to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive work environment and team spirit; Able to build positive morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ensuring to meet all safety and storage regularities for housing of the goods and supplies.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Education and Qualifications:
- Previous brewing experience required; professional preferred. Knowledge of craft beer industry. Reliability and enthusiasm a must. Great work ethic and team mentality a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexible and be able to work long hours if needed
- Ability to stand/walk for at least 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
- Ability to work in extreme cold/heat, and frequently wet conditions
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- Schedules may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- This position may include working the occasional beer festival
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position reports to and works with the Brewmaster.