It’s here! Miami’s first brewery is finally here! Our launch date is just a few short sips away.
Early last month we were able to secure our manufacturing license, and that day we started brewing. The days since have been some of the longest of my life, but I have to say also some the most satisfying. These days have been almost as good as the days I spent with the wife while seeing our son being born. Then again, this is practically like bearing another child. It’s been a long time coming and I feel blessed to be at this point. The great news is that despite some minor complications through out our first batches, the beers came out great. We did, however, see our false bottom collapse on us, the mill got stuck a few times, we had a few leaks and loss of beer here and there. Overall, it’s been a crazy month, but through all that craziness, we stuck together as a team. I can’t say enough about the support and help from my team. Our guys have worked around the clock to get the beers brewed and ready. It’s also been a humbling experience to see the outpour of support and help from several volunteers that showed up to help out and put in the hours. Truly an amazing experience.
Now we get ready for the launch. Although our taproom will not be open until October, we are moving forward with distribution. We have set an official launch date of Monday, September 23rd with a few events prior. We will have events that entire week, starting that Monday and finishing off on Saturday, September 28. We’ll have events throughout the city to allow folks to pick and choose the days that work best for them. So here’s the official list!
- Saturday, Sept 14th Soft Launch at Wood Tavern. Starting from Open until Late.
- Friday, Sept 20th. First official Tap Take Over @ WOB Midtown Starting at 6PM. We will have free pints, t-shirts and stickers to give away; we’ll be present to answer any questions.
- Monday, Sept. 23rd. Launch Party at Gramps Bar in collaboration with Miami Beer Tour. All Wynwood Beers will be on Draft for $5. We’ll have an outdoor area as well to serve the beers. This will be a party you will not want to miss.
- Tuesday, Sept 24th. Party @ Wood Tavern. We’ll have our beers on tap and Naga will be doing his rounds talking with any of our locals that have questions about the beer.
- Tuesday, Sept 24th 6pm – WOB Kendall Tap Take Over. Join us as we head to Kendall with some pints to give away, shirts and more.
- Wednesday, Sept 25th. Flights @ LoKal. Want to try all of our beer offerings, well then come to the LoKal for some flights. Event will take place all day long!
- Thursday, Sept 26th. Grill out @ The Butcher Shop. We’ll have beers on tap with on the grill specials from The Butcher Shop.
- Friday, Sept 27th. Tap Take Over at The Abbey Brewing. Join us as we invade South Beach and our friends at The Abbey and share pints, give out some swag and talk beer.
- Saturday, Sept 28th. Join our closing out of our launch week as we head to one of our favorites Abraxas on South Beach. More details on the event to come.
We look forward to sharing pints with you guys and truly appreciate your support through out our time in putting our little brewery together. And although we have a big responsibility being Miami’s first brewery, we look forward to the challenge in producing some great suds for you to be proud of.